Travel agent Ellen Morse from Gluten Free Travel - Us has been gluten free herself for decades, and she delights in arranging gluten free tours for her clients. She has many suggested itineraries that can be customized depending on your group's size, interests, and desired travel dates.
Her latest itinerary is a 6-night GLUTEN FREE tour of SPAIN, with stops in Madrid and Barcelona. The trip can be created for as few as 2 persons or as many as 6 persons. Pricing will depend upon number of passengers but includes 6 nights' accommodations in centrally-located hotels, round trip private transfers by English speaking drivers to and from the airport, tours with English-speaking guides, entrance to museums, many meals, two private cooking classes, and transport on a high-speed train from Madrid to Barcelona. Call Ellen at 312-337-9235, anytime day or evening, for pricing.
Highlights of this incredible trip include:
- A private half-day guided City Tour of Madrid with visits to the impressive buildings surrounding Plaza de Cibeles, Plaza de Colon and Puerta de Alcala.
- Visit to the Prado Museum, the largest and most important museum of Spanish masterpieces -- and one of the best museums in the world. Permanent exhibitions include Zubaran, Ribera, El Greco, Tiziano, Valazquez, Murillo, and Goya.
- Private Tapas Tour (gluten free, of course!) of Madrid's old quarter, sampling Spanish food and wine.
- Two private hands-on Cooking Workshops where you will shop for fresh ingredients at local markets (including one of the oldest markets in Spain!) and learn how to cook the best of traditional Spansh cuisine including omelettes, paella, gazpacho, and creme brulee. Then, you'll enjoy your prepared culinary creations and local wines during relaxed lunches.
- A private tour of Barcelona with a local English-speaking guide, including stops to see highlights of Gaudi, the Catalonian architect known worldwide as the father of Modernism.
- A private tour with an English-speaking guide to the medieval city of Girona with its Roman and Arab remains, cozy streets, bridges, and Santa Maria Church. You'll also tour Figueres and visit the Dali Museum, one of the most amazing museums in the world.
- Optional tour of the hidden corners of Madrid -- or tours of any of the many Human Heritage Cities/Villages of Castille such as Toledo, Segovia, Aranjuez, or Escorial.
Again, for more details and specific pricing, contact Ellen Morse at Gluten Free Travel-Us directly at 312-337-9235. She would love to help you with this itinerary -- or with any other desired travel itinerary and will always keep your gluten free needs top of mind.